Tuning into Teens NOW ONLINE
Tuning into Teens Emotionally Intelligent Parenting.
A six-session parenting program for parents of teens to help teens develop emotional intelligence.
Tuning into teens is a parenting program for dads, mums and carers of adolescents for parents of 12-18 year olds!
Worried they will go “off the rails”? , or maybe you feel disconnected from them?
Would you like to learn how to:
- be better at understanding and talking with your child through this important developmental phase
- help your teen learn to manage their emotions
- help to prevent behaviour problems in your teen
- teach your teen how to deal with conflict?
Tuning in to Teens teaches parents how to help their teen develop emotional intelligence – a key skill that can help them better cope with their emotions, become more aware and assertive, and have more stable and satisfying relationships as adults.
“Tuning into Teens” shows you how to help your teen develop emotional intelligence.
Adolescents with higher emotional intelligence:
- are more aware, assertive and strong in situations of peer pressure
- have greater success with making friends and are more able to manage conflict with peers
- are more able to cope when upset or angry
- have fewer mental health and substance abuse difficulties
- have more stable and satisfying relationships as adults
Backed by evidence-based research, the program focuses on developing key skills in recognising and responding to your teen’s emotions, conflict management, and helping your teen develop emotional intelligence.
The program is designed to support parents to help and teach their teenage children to control, understand and express their emotions in healthy and positive ways. TINT is based on Tuning Into Kids (www.tuningintokids.org.au) and helps parents to recognise, understand and respond to their teen’s emotions, which in turn helps their teens manage their own emotions. Tuning into Teens offers a range of approaches and strategies grounded in the idea of emotional intelligence.
Learn how to
- to communicate more effectively with your teen
- understand your teen better
- help your teen to manage those difficult emotions
- help to prevent behavioural issues in your teen
- teach your teen how to deal with conflict more effectively.
Parents of pre-adolescents and teenagers aged 12 to 18 years.
Please note: This group may not be appropriate for all parents. Please contact us if your family is experiencing family violence, significant mental health issues or child protection issues. We will talk to you about your circumstances and whether this group is suitable for you.
Upcoming online workshops
What’s involved? 6 weeks interactive program for 2 hours each week.
How?: We use a platform called zoom, you can log in from your computer (Mac or PC), internet device (ipad, iphone, android) or phone.
Monday’s 5.45- 7.45pm commencing 10th August (you must be available to attend all sessions).
August 10th, 17th, 24th, 31st , September 7th 14th
Saturday’s 9.30am-11.30am commencing 10th October
October 10th, 17th, 24th, 31st November 7th & 14th
Investment: $299 per person or $449 per couple.
To book your spot or for enquiries send us an email or give us a call!